Pages

8.13.2012

Introducing...Jenny & Tyler

If Facebook ads have brought me anything, it's promoting an upcoming pop/folk country married duo, Jenny & Tyler, on the right hand side of my Facebook news feed.

If you love harmonies, acoustic guitars, and mandolins, then Jenny & Tyler will be your new background music for a lazy day. Good study music, good reading music, good music to feed your sentimental self.

Jenny & Tyler's music speaks for all sorts of music fans, despite being under the radar. Folk, country and their newest songs have taken the Christian route. I'm not even a Christian music fan, but this couple has made their way on my iTunes.

Despite their small fan base, they have collaborated with fellow big name singer-songwriters like Simon & Garkfunkel, James Taylor, Jack Johnson and Allison Krauss. Their songs range from dreaming of peace, to a wedding ballad, to singing about their faith.

The couple currently have three full length albums, one EP, one Christmas EP and a live studio album. If you believe in separation of church and songs, don't worry, there are plenty of Jenny & Tyler songs that aren't about how much they love God, even though those songs can almost go unnoticed when you hear their soothing harmonious voices. Those songs can be found on their first two albums "Prelude" and "This Isn't a Dream."

Although I would say about 50 percent of their music would be deemed "Christian folk," any folk lover can appreciate two songs from their latest two albums. Their single "Song for You," might not be on the radio, but many YouTubers are covering the song.



The only thing I planned at a young age for my wedding was my first dance song, "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing,"--cliche, I know, but I think people secretly like cliches (like puns). It's what's familiar to us. But when I discovered this song in May, it instantly kicked Steven Tyler to the curb, and has replaced his classic song with this one. There is not a doubt that this will be my first dance song, so I can scratch one beloved wedding cliche off the list.


Another song I just got into (within a minutes ago) is called "Faint Not," their single from their second full length album with the same name.



But my favorite Jenny & Tyler song, unfortunately, cannot be found on YouTube, which makes me a little angry. Who doesn't love a song about peace? (maybe gun lovers, but that's a different subject). If these two songs intrigued you, then I suggest hopping on iTunes to hear a preview of their song "Dreaming of Peace" or  If you love the sounds of the mandolin and love a song about peace and protest, there is no possible way you would hate this song.

All these songs can be found on their album "Faint Not."

Jenny & Tyler, the perfect couple to proves you don't need a reality TV show to "show" your love for one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment